Thursday, April 5, 2018

Superchic Lacquer ~ 40 Winks



Superchic Lacquer ~ 40 Winks
Dark purple linear holo

I got some really pretty little stars in the mail recently and I wanted to try them out!

I chose Superchic Laquer’s “40 Winks” as my base for the stars. It’s a lovely dark purple linear holo with a great formula – and it’s a one coater too! I used two coats because that’s the way I like it and the drying time is really fast.

I applied a layer of topcoat and placed the little stars on my nails while the topcoat was still wet.

It all ended out looking like this. The picture is taken with flash.

Superchic Lacquer ~ 40 Winks

This is the same thing photographed in ordinary daylight, no sun or flash. It’s still a really lovely purple.

Superchic Lacquer ~ 40 Winks

And here’s “40 Winks” on its own; two coats and no topcoat. I think the rainbows are super pretty.

Superchic Lacquer ~ 40 Winks

Note to self: “40 Winks” had separated quite a lot and it look a lot of shaking to get it all mixed together again. The bottle still has a “line” where the separated ingredients “met”. I wonder if this would have had even more impressive rainbows if I had been able to shake it together better.


Number of coats: 2, but it’s a true one coater
Drying time: Really good
Finish: Linear holo
Overall impression: Great coverage and pretty rainbows. I like the colour too.
Buy again: Yes

5 comments: